Gang, I don't make these names up.
True, I've come up with some creative names every so often. I'm partial to the Succubus Kiss caipirinha, of course. During an unusually creative period of my life, I was playing experimental music and wanted to call our group The Los Alamos Sunglass Salesmen. (It didn't take.)
Amazonian Love Honey
- 4 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 4 ounces fresh orange juice
- 12 dashes (2 teaspoons) orange bitters
- 4 ounces honey syrup (Combine equal parts honey and hot water and stir until dissolved.)
- 12 ounces cachaça
- 1 half-bottle (375-ml) of champagne, chilled
- Orange twists for garnish
In a large glass pitcher, combine the first five ingredients, top with ice cubes, and stir thoroughly. Strain into a punch bowl, add a large block of ice, and top with the Champagne.
Serve in wine glasses and garnish each with an orange twist.