Perhaps the loneliest category on this site is the one for food recipes featuring cachaça. When I see one, I jump.
This oyster recipe from the Culinary Institute of America, featuring a caipirinha granita, reads like an episode of Chopped after the producers ran out of ideas for the secret-ingredient baskets. Nevertheless, it sounds delicious.
Fresh Oysters with Cilantro-Lime Caipirinha Granita
- Two limes, peeled, cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
- 6 oz cachaça
- 12 oysters on the half shell
- Sea salt and feshley cracked black pepper to taste
- Micro cilantro sprigs for garnish
- Muddle the limes, sugar and chopped cilantro in a bowl; add the cachaça, salt and pepper to the bowl and mix well.
- Pulse the mixture in a food processor.
- Pour mixture into a shallow pan and freeze it, scraping with a fork every hour until it's fluffy and completely frozen.
- To serve, place a spoonful of the granita over each oyster and garnish with sprigs of micro cilantro.