Food blogger Layla has a great recipe with plenty of photographic goodness:
- 1 bottle of cachaça
- 1 whole pineapple, peeled* and sliced
Pineapple caipirinha - quantities are for 1 drink
- 2 oz pineapple infused cachaça
- 1/2 lime, cut in small chunks
- 2 tbs freshly crushed pineapple
- 1 tbs sugar
- Crushed ice
- To make the pineapple infused cachaça place the pineapple slices in a large container, pour the cachaça over the pineapple slices, close tightly and let it rest in a dark cool place for a few days – but no longer than a week.
- Use a muddler to crush and mix the limes and sugar in a cocktail shaker.
- Add the cachaça, crushed pineapple and ice, mix well and serve immediately.
She also points out that you can keep the pineapple peels for making chicha de piña, a spiced pineapple punch.