It would seem that Cabana Cachaça hosted a mixology contest in the Sens Restaurant in San Francisco. I'm actually in town on a business trip (staying at the excellent Hotel des Arts, where there was one heckuva open house). Wish I'd have known about this!
The winner was Mr. Trent Simpson's "Beija Flor". Here it is:
- 1 1/2 oz Cabana Cachaça
- 3/4 oz Mint Infused Simple Syrup
- 5 Halves Muddled Farm Fresh Strawberries
- 3 Muddled Blueberries
- Squeeze of Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/2 oz Raspberry Ginger Brew
- Navana Vanilla Cognac Float
Shake vigorously with love, strain over fresh ice in collins glass, garnish with home garden grown fresh Korean medicinal mint sprig.
UPDATE 2008-11-23: Trent posts a video of the event.